Yesterday, an article from our friends over at Expanded Consciousness caught my attention.  It was called What is Consciousness? Why do I feel 'Awakened' while Also in Despair? 

Now, the timing for this could not have been more perfect as I was having a really tough time yesterday.  So I decided to do a little more research on the subject and do a lot of meditating on it as well.  What I found was both liberating and encouraging.

Since one of the things I found out is that this is both common and one could say normal for many who have chosen a path to a higher consciousness or enlightenment, I wanted to share what I learned that it might help others who might be feeling what I was feeling.

First let me try to explain what I was feeling yesterday and why I was having such a hard time. 

Lately I have been making what I can only describe as an immeasurable amount of progress in my own spiritual awakening.  It is as though everything that I have been studying over the past 20 or so years are finally clicking and coming together like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle forming a wondrous and awe inspiring picture of beauty, love and joy.  And more than just understanding the concepts and believing them to be true, I actually feel them in a way that I had not felt in the past. And at times I can literally feel my vibration shifting to a higher frequency.

And then comes along a day like yesterday where I felt like I had been dropped in a pit of despair.  Every little thing just rubs me the wrong way. And it causes a snowball effect and negative situations from my past resurface and worry about the future begins to roll in like never before.  And when I look at it and recognize it I feel even worse because I think that I am back sliding in my spiritual development. I feel all the negative energy and think that I must be failing in some way and losing all of the progress that I have been making.

Well I suppose that if I had remained in that belief that I was failing and losing all of the progress I had made, it would have likely kicked me down the spiritual ladder a bit.  Fortunately I learned and realized that this type of occurrence is what you might call a side effect along the path to enlightenment.

We have to remember that everything and everybody is energy with it's own vibration and it's own frequency. Now when you shift your vibration to a higher frequency, especially when you begin to make those shifts more quickly, you are for a time going to be surrounded by the things and people with the lower frequency that you previously had.  This is going to cause friction that can be very confusing.

Now for me I was able to identify the two main factors that began the snowball effect that I experienced yesterday. 

The first was when I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things we needed around the house.  For me this was to be a routine run to the store visit.  But given that we are in the height of the holiday shopping season it was anything but routine.  The traffic to and from was crazy.  Finding a parking space was more than a little troubling and getting out of that parking space was even worse.  And of coarse the store itself was packed full of all kinds of people with different vibrations and frequencies all confined to a relatively small area.  To say that it was uncomfortable would be the understatement of the century.

The second factor did not begin yesterday.  It has in fact been something that has been building in my mind for a while and it the hardest for me to face and accept.  And I would imagine that this is likely the hardest thing for anyone to deal with.

As we continue down our paths to a higher understanding of the universe and our vibrations shift into higher frequencies sooner or later we come to realize that where we are in our journey may be in conflict with where those we most care about are in their journey.  Whether it is a close friend or a family member whose path may have been so close to yours for a long time that is seemed like they were on the same path as you, we must remember that each person travels their own path.

Now there are literally hundreds if not thousands of different ways this can manifest in different peoples lives and situations.  For many it is in the form of ridicule from friends and family that do not understand the path you have taken or may not even have the desire to perceive your goals. They are perfectly content with the reality that they perceive and do not understand why your are not.  They may even think you are just plain crazy.

For me it is coming to terms with the fact that my daughter is grown up now and she is no longer holding onto daddy's hand with every step she takes in life like she did when she was a little girl.  And as much as I would like to imprint my 44 years of experience onto her in the hopes that it will guide her away from the obstacles and pitfalls in life that I had to go through, the fact is that she wants to experience those obstacles and pitfalls for herself.  And I have to accept that our paths are not ever going to be the side by side journey it once was.  Now does that mean she is no longer going to be in my life?  Of coarse not, but it does come with a feeling of distance and some separation that does hurt.

I could go on and on with never ending examples of why we go through periods of despair but the point in that our despair is a genuine aspect of our quest for higher consciousness and not an emotional illness.  It is a compassionate despair born from the feeling of separateness when our path begins to differ from those around us.  Once we realize that it is much easier to get through it and continue up the ladder.

And as a result you will find yourself becoming clearer and more loving in your daily life.  You will begin to develop a more cheerful and accepting attitude for the world and for others.  It will also give you greater insight into your own mind and heart.  You will find greater patience with yourself.  And ultimately, instead of separateness you will begin to feel a greater oneness with everything and everyone.


If you like this article, please share it to your favorite social network


Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter!